Adventures with Heather

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009

I feel like I am on the water fall edge of something amazing. I feel my heart coming alive day by day. My mind is refocusing. My will to DO something is increasing. A New Year, a New start. AMEN!

Do you ever feel like your life is like all these puzzle pieces scattered every where and you have no idea when they will ever come together? I have felt like I am a 10,000 piece puzzle these past few months.. Like nothing I do comes together. So much caos and confusion.

Okay let me get to the point here....

A few days ago I got a CD. Phil Wickham's "Cannons".

I know what you are thinking.. "I totally saw him at Jhouse's Breathe Festival, and have all his cd's. He is fantastic. I've known about his music forever.. Get with the program!!" To that I would say, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT HIS MUSIC?? I have soo been missing out!"

I started listening to the CD and listening to the words.. Chills upon chills later I was hooked. I believe God was reaching out to me through each song. Taking me to a deeper level of how I think about God and his relationship with us. (LISTEN TO LOVE SONG and you will see what I mean) I listened to Cannon's at work over and over. I felt stronger and stronger, making the songs my prayers. A puzzle piece of understanding God's love came together in those moments. I tried not to cry with joy over my astonishing discovery of God and His amazingness. Great moments..

I then listened to a sermon by Rich Nathan. Boy did that speak to me too! Tugging on my heart strings God spoke to me loads. Freeing me up of some stuff I've been dragging around with me.

One of the things I've been dragging with me is depression. Depression and me have been taking punches at each other for a while, and I am not saying that I've beaten it, but feeding my heart with "good stuff" instead of feeding it with even more depressing songs and things has GREATLY helped. *The puzzle piece of hope snaps together.*

I just happen to be speaking at the Youth group in 2 weeks about Music, and I think it is funny that God is totally using music to help me right now.. That is one cool little puzzle piece that is coming together.

Another amazing puzzle piece that is coming into place soon is that I am going to a seminar at the vineyard about sex trafficking of children and women in Columbus, and what we can do to stop it. I don't know if you know this or not, but a while ago I found LOVE146.org. it made my heart want to do something about child sex trafficking, then Rich Nathan the very next week talked about LOVE146.org and about the seminar and I knew I had to go! Neato.

I think the neat thing about puzzles is that it is really overwhelming when you see all the pieces scattered everywhere, but over time you start seeing shape and seeing more of what the pieces are supposed to make up. I don't know what all the pieces of my life are going to make but I hope at the end of my life me and Jesus and look back and see something beautiful. I can almost picture Him saying "Heather remember when I helped you find that piece?" He is that kind of God. He is amazing.

TRUE LOVE *Lyrics*

Come close listen to the story
About a love more faithful than the morning
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt the Fathers Broken Heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died, the day that True Love died
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Search your heart you know you can't deny it
Come on, lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

The Earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt The Fathers broken heart
Tears were filling Heaven's Eyes
The day that True Love died, the day that True Love died
Find More lyrics at www.sweetslyrics.com
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Now, Jesus is alive

Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive
Oh, He is alive
He rose again

When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that True Love died, The day that True Love died

Come close listen to the story

No comments: