Adventures with Heather

Thursday, March 28, 2013

All things new

I've been keeping quite busy these days. Exciting things are on the horizon!

I've been recording a vulnerable, acoustic-y project with a friend of mine Chris Gatton in his home studio. We've done 2 songs already and I am thrilled with what is happening with each song! He just had Chris Westra lay down viola and Andrew Seifert lay down Cello. My plans for this project are to give it to women who have lost babies, people wrestling through grief & depression and to counseling centers to give to people to heal. It's really a CD that I hope can be the soundtrack for healing in a lot of people's lives. When I was going through some of the hardest times of my life I wished I had music to get me through, so I wrote my own music :)



I've also had some wonderful opportunities to lead worship at my church Vineyard Columbus, alongside some very talented folks & I am learning a lot. I have come a long way and have much farther to go, but I'm having a blast working with some cool people!! I'm apart of Joshua House's (the 20 somethings ministry) Worship team, I help with Fusion Middle School's worship (my husband is the youth pastor there), I led at the Women's Conference alongside of Noelle Shearer and Carrie Mitchell & I lead once a month at my Mom's Group. My heart is geared in such a way that worship really connects me to God. I am really feeling in my element these days!




Me and a buddy of mine Jason Turner have been writing some super fun songs for the last couple years and we are going to be playing them out for the 1st time at a Benefit show at Kafe Kerouac on Saturday, April 20th! Our duo act is called "Fine Citizens" and I seriously can't wait to start showing people some of the stuff we've written!



I am also sharing the stage with singer/songwriter Jane Marczewski at Scarlet and Grey Cafe on Friday, April 19th. Amazing Celloist Andrew Seifert will be playing with me that night. SO pumped!



Next Saturday is the Official Music Video shoot for "Sweet Princess" a song I wrote to raise awareness about Human Trafficking. An old friend of mine, Rick Green has been INCREDIBLE at putting together the storyline, actors, film crew, and more! It is going to be a legit professional video and will definitely do the cause justice!! I've been gathering props this week to prepare for the shoot and my good friend Lindsey Turner, stylist from the blog Thriftandshout.blogspot.com loaned me tons of awesome clothes for the shoot including an amazing Vintage Dress for my performance piece of the video! I'm looking forward to letting organizations use the video as a media piece to take with them places. Sometimes hearing a stat just doesn't move the heart like hearing music and visually seeing someone affected by Human Trafficking you know?




I am also apart of 2 different Compilation CD's to raise awareness about Human Trafficking! It is so great to see the vision of using the songs I've written to help organizations & people to come into reality. No dream is too big! Seriously, I'm learning that time and time again. I feel so inadequate sometimes but if the Lord calls you to do something, you can't worry about it! He will make a way for it to happen if it is supposed to happen :)


^All of these things above are a miracle considering where I was a year or so ago. I had no vision, no dreams.. Stuck in Post Traumatic Stress, depression and Sickness that made it almost impossible for me to leave the house. I am beginning to see the awfulness & mess of those days turn into my mess-age if you will. My past doesn't have to grip its hold on me anymore. The Lord is turning the awful winter into spring. The broken fragments of my heart into a beautiful masterpiece. He is making All Things New!!

1 comment:

Lindsey A. Turner said...

exciting stuff! I love that picture of us!

Lindsey