Adventures with Heather

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Beauty in the Breakdown

"So, let go, let go
Jump in
Oh well, what you waiting for?
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown
So, let go, let go
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's all right
'cause there's beauty in the breakdown" Frou Frou

Yesterday started out like a normal day.

Me and mom were chatting it up about cool things happening at the youth group, and brainstorming about the future. You see she's been filling in for me as intern while I've been sick. Just another reason why she is Super-Mom.

She started not feeling so good after eating some smelly turkey and I teased her that that was why she was feeling sick. She kept getting worse as the minutes ticked on. Her abdomen started hurting really bad and I said "dad, should you take mom to the ER to get her checked out?" and he said "Yeah I think we are going to go now." and turned to my mom and said, "What about Berger?" Thinking my dad was asking if she wanted a cheese burger, she daid "No! I don't want a Burger!" In all reality dad was talking about the hospital in Circleville, Berger Hospital! ha!

My dad kept me up to date with Texts. She got a CAT scan and they determined the pain was coming from her halfway removed appendix. She had gotten in removed in 7th grade when surgical proceedures weren't as up to date as they are now and they didn't get all of it. I guess it had swollen up to be the size of an actual appendix my dad said.

They did emergency surgery that night and I was just a mess not being able to be there. I talked to my sister Amy and texted some people to pray. I was feeling REALLY sick too. The more worked up I got the sicker I felt. I ended up throwing up at one point and I haven't thrown up in a while.

I was kneeling by my bed while throwing up, so I took the opportunity to talk to God. I prayed "God be by my mom's bedside tonight. Be with the doctors." It was all I had, but I knew God understood. :)

It feels like I am in the "Breakdown" mode right now. I have been numb for so long just dealing with sickness from day to day but when something like this happens, it knocks the wind out of you. I am looking for the beauty in all of this today. My 12 week appointment is at 10:50 so I'm sure I'll find some there. :)

In the Meantime, Pray for my mom and for my family today. We all need it. We all are feeling a little beat up and broken down.

No comments: