Adventures with Heather

Monday, September 20, 2010

Since the last blog...

Since the last blog I wrote about making time for inspiration, I tried it and it worked!! 

I wrote a cheesy love song. It goes like this:

"Walking these streets I see people passin'
Wonder if they've been askin'
Who they're supposed to be
Wandering like me

Then i see your face
and I stop breathing
You're locking eyes with me

I'm not dreaming,
I'm seeing,
Clear for the first time, clear for the first time
Everything's clear when I look
into your eyes
I can see the light
and everything's clear for the first time,
I can see clear for the very first time"

Like I said kinda cheesy, but hey! I like it! I have to be honest, I am a fan of a bit of cheese. I am a hopeless romantic at heart. I still long to be wooed even now that I am married! I think it is at the heart of every woman to be desired and loved and cherished. It's easy to forget about or neglect romance once you have a baby, so it is VERY important to do things that remind you of why you fell in love in the first place. Revisit old places you once loved, talk about things you used to do, BUT ALSO make NEW memories and romantic moments! Go on picnics, adventures, play, laugh, enjoy each other. Life is SO quick to steal away joy and love. You really have to work at staying IN love ya know? ANYWAYS! Rabbit trail!

I also had a moment of spontaneous inspiration when I was trying to put a very fussy baby bed last night. He wouldn't calm down, and I couldn't think of a song to sing (he LOVES singing!) so I made up my own little lullaby, and it worked! Just another song to add the my developing lullaby album. It goes like this:

"Momma's here, Momma's here
Don't you fear, Don't you fear x2

I'll keep you safe and warm my dear
'Cause Momma's here for you x2"

It looks repetitive and silly, but the melody it makes it a lot cooler I promise!!

I may not have gotten to the dishes or finished all of the laundry, but it made me feel good to do something fun. :)

No comments: