Adventures with Heather

Saturday, December 13, 2008

I am weak He is strong.

Tonight was a great night. The music at the Hear the Cry benefit show fed my soul. Sometimes it is nice to just soak in those beautiful moments and reflect. In my reflections I have realized my soul has been weakened. The events of this past year have made me weak in a way I never wanted to experience.

The events of this past year have also made me stronger in my faith. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see." We serve and follow the invisible God. He is unseen. Yet you can see His handy work everywhere. He is in everything.

Sometimes it is hard to want to do the faith thing. Sometimes isn't it just easier to get that physical satisfaction from your Ipod or from an episode of the Gilmore Girls? Yet when you turn the ipod off or finish watching episode 4 of season 2 of the Gilmore Girls, you still feel empty, you still feel a void. I am familiar with the void. Aren't we all? We try everything to fill that God shaped hole in all of us. The hole only gets larger with time. We need Jesus to fill the voids. And He does if you invite Him in.

I was left with a big void this year when we lost our baby. A void that I tried filling with TV, Work, Busyness, music.. The void grew and I was completely numb, yet if I were to think of the horrible things that happened, I was sent cascading downward in an instant.

What is your void? What are you filling it with? We are all weak. But it is okay..

I am weak and He is strong. This truth has carried me through these past months. I AM weak He IS strong. I don't have to worry about being strong, because He is strong for me. I am definitely not strong so that is really good news for me! When I am too weak to stand He will carry me. He is carrying me. Day by day, Battle by battle. He will carry me, He will rescue me.

That is my hope, that is my faith. Emmanuel, God IS with us.

AMEN

No comments: