Adventures with Heather

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Litigation Department (my new job!)

Yes, it is true. I work in the Litigation department at Cheek Law Offices! (sounds fancy huh?)

It has been a crazy couple of days with lots of learning and growing. The first day went so fast I remember feeling like all the information I had just learned went in my right ear and out my left! I was learning things I had never heard of before, and it was hard to not feel silly when I didn't know what the name of the department I worked in was. I mean come on, do YOU know what Litigation means?

Luckily, I work with some really cool people.
Lucy is a dear lady who welcomed me from the first moment I got there. She asked me questions about myself and we had a great conversation getting to know each other. It was easy to do because we were sitting next to one another. Heather and Randa are equally sweet. Heather is soft spoken but gets her word in and Randa always eats lunch at her desk (thats an inside joke) and is such a sweet spirited gal! I love how each person's personality comes out at different times through out the day. Cindy or Cynthia is 7 months pregnant. She is a little woman with a big attitude! In a good way. She is so funny and she really helped me understand everything the first day. She is the go to girl with all the answers that is for sure.

The view is amazing!!!!!!!! We have a HUGE window in our room that looks out on the city. We are on the 12th floor and you can see the big nativity scene (it looks small from where we are) right below on the street! Plus a huge steeple of a beautiful church. it is so neat.

I am learning all kinds of lawish lingo like RFA's, FTC's, SCRA, Service, Muni, and on and on.. It is really interesting but there is a ton of paper work! I sort through a lot of it so I have to know what is up with all the "docs" or documents. :)

I feel a little smarter and I feel like I am growing up. :)

I look more grown up too.

You have to dress nice every day since it is a lawyers office, and it is kind of weird for me. But an interesting thing is happening.. I am getting more responsible! Who would of ever thought, me Heather Evans could grow up. Peter Pan will be angry, but it is kind of awesome.

Plus my sister gave me a bunch of her work clothes to wear while she is pregnant! It is the most awesome thing in the world to be able to raid your sisters closet and her not get mad!!!

Me and My mom eat lunch together everyday and it is nice to have a familiar face there. She tells me the inside scoop too. :)

Okay this is weird! There is a guy in my mom's department who looks exactly like Brett (same build, same hair, same head) and it scared me to death one day because I thought Brett was at my work! I think that is kind of funny and made me laugh out loud.

More to come..
HEATHER

No comments: