Adventures with Heather

Friday, November 6, 2009

Nov 1st- Where I am now

What a crazy couple of weeks!! I have been on a roller coaster of emotions.. I have felt the high of finding out we were pregnant, and felt the low of "all day sickness". It hasn't been easy, but anything worth doing never really is!

I started getting sick the day I went to the doctor for my first appointment. I was happy that day, feeling invincible yet again, thinking "I can handle this, no big deal.." I thought it was bad then, but I had NO idea how much worse it was going to get! I spent most of my time on the couch, unable to move or else the horrible inevitability would happen, throwing up all the precious food in my belly, or worse, dry heaving.

Brett was gone at Cloud 9 at the beginning of the worst of it. (It figures! He is almost always gone when I need him!) I didn't have my phone, my parents were on vacation.. I felt completely alone and miserable. I sent a message to my sister on Facebook to reach out to someone. She got back to me and told me she called my AMAZING Grandma Waugh to come get me and take care of me while Brett was gone.

what a God send Grandma Waugh was.. She kept me eating small really good meals, made me tea, and we watched Little Women, Sense and Sensibility and a bunch of LifeTime movies. :) She kept my spirits up for sure!

I went from Grandma's to my parent's house when they got home from vacation. Amy and Chole were up for a week from Nashville, and it was really nice to see them! Chloe is getting so big and is sitting up now! How time flies..

Amy was really awesome taking care of me while mom and dad were at work and she TOTALLY understood because she was horribly sick in her first trimester. It was just really good to be around family in that time because you can just be yourself. Good, bad or ugly. My mom was right there for me when I was throwing up and getting me whatever I needed. Dad made a special trip to McDonalds when I said I wanted chicken nuggets. :) My family is amazing.. I don't know if you can tell that by now!

Needless to say Brett is gone all this weekend as well, but it is okay, because my mom is still taking great care of me! I can hardly eat still.. I've lost 5lbs, but I am feeling better emotionally. I am just SO grateful for my family right now. I don't know what I would have done without them!

Keep praying for me.. My 12 week appointment is November 24th and I feel like I can't make it until then at times, but I know I can do it with people like you encouraging me and my family being here for me like they have!

No comments: