Adventures with Heather

Friday, November 6, 2009

Oct 21-Levels-Pray!

Hello friends!

Sorry for all of these notes, but I just want to keep everyone up to date on what is happening with my prego self. :)

I got a phone call today from a Nurse at Dr. Parker's office letting me know about all of my levels and it looks like my Prego levels are high at 8,973 (yay) BUT my progesterone levels are actually quite low. Progesterone helps thicken the lining of the uterus creating the amniotic sac giving the baby a safe cushion and helps give them nutrients. Also there is a chance of miscarriage if your levels are too low, SO I am REALLY glad they got back to me right away about it.

They are going to prescribe me some progesterone supplements to take at night and that should get me on track! Plus they are going to have me come in for more blood tests in a few weeks before my next appointment so that is really good. I am soo thrilled to have such awesome doctors who actually CARE! It is a blessing. Thank you Jesus!

I know that a lot of women struggle with low progesterone during pregnancy and have been just fine, so I am trying not to worry about it. I know that I am doing all I can and that's all that matters! God is in control. AMEN!

Please pray that Jesus would help me in this time to trust that everything will be okay and that the progesterone supplements will help everything to continually progress. Thanks for all of your support!

No comments: